The Art of Mentoring
Mentoring is the establishment of a “trusted advisor” relationship with the mentee. Teaching is the sharing of information and knowledge, while mentoring includes those plus the sharing of wisdom,strategic perspectives for problem-solving, and articulating the criteria for success.
Syntient can help you and your organization with your mentoring strategies in several ways:
- We can build your mentorship skills
- We can serve as your substitute for mentoring your staff
- We can install a mentoring process in your organization.
Benefits to a Mentoring Program
- Identify employees within your organization that think from the perspective of the boss and can be trained to become the “brain trust” of the organization
- Enhance group problem-solving skills within your organization. Group problem solving is more effective when more individuals can contribute to the decisions.
- Prepare individuals for higher leadership roles